Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Kitchen

Well this is my last post of 2011. Can you believe this year is already over? It just flew by! Thank you tagging along on my journey – you’ve helped make this past year more interesting and enjoyable than I could have imagined.

So, before we go on, I want to wish each and every one of you a very Happy New Year!!!!

Now for the warning - This is way off topic, but I’m posting pictures of my new kitchen since several of you are interested.

 

First, some before photos – The close up of the cabinet shows they really needed to be refinished or replaced.  I was also really tired of the white washed look and trying to keep the grout clean on the tile counter top.  The flooring was also a mess and needed to be refinished or replaced.

P5230087Before

Now the after shots -  New maple cabinets, Silestone countertops, tile flooring, and stainless steel appliances.  The garbage cans are now in their own cupboard (not at the end of the counter like before) and the cabinet over the peninsula has been replaced with a wall cabinet and a pendant light fixture.  We also managed to get more counter space by making the desk area and pantry each a bit more narrow.  I plan on making a valance for the window, but haven’t found time to get to that yet – go figure.

100_1040100_1041100_1051100_1052100_1042100_1047100_1043100_1050

I had to throw this last photo in.  While putting things back into the cabinets, I left for a moment to get something.  When I returned my cat decided the new cabinet was the perfect place for her to hang out.  She wasn’t too happy to learn she couldn’t stay there Laughing out loud

100_1034

See you next year!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to have your "before" cabinets!
    Your kitchen looks great. Enjoy!
    (So where will Ms Rusty go?)

    ReplyDelete